Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Fleetwood Mac



The Fleetwood Mac concert was good old fun. I took my parents. I think they were originally slightly insulted that I invited them to it. They kept referring to it as a "senior citizen event." As we stood in line to get into the stadium, they kept making jokes on how old "everyone else," was and how the local paramedics must be on call for the event. I didn't have the heart to tell them that I think the band is younger than them. Once the band started it was clear that they could still rock like they did in their 20s. I think Lindsey Buckingham was a little surprised himself. Lindsey Buckingham, the lead guitarist, was ecstatic after each long solo. He looked astonished that he had made it through it. He kept jumping up and down ecstatic after each long guitar set. It was like watching a little kid do something challenging for the first time. It was exactly how I envisioned my nephew looking when he took his first real steps around the living room. I was living in D.C at the time, but my dad described it to me step by step. He said my nephew had his arms in the air overjoyed and shocked that he was walking all over. He kept looking to looking at everyone making sure he had witnesses to his break through. This is exactly how Lindsey Buckingham looked after his long sets.

All the songs Fleetwood Mac sang were the old ones that I have memories of growing up. This and the fact that the Lindsey and Stevie Nick so clearly enjoyed themselves made the concert a hit for me.

No comments: