Sunday, December 20, 2009

Little Star Pizza

Little Star Deep Dish pizza
(Spinach blended with ricotta and feta, mushrooms, onions, garlic)

Garlic Bread(Warm sourdough served with a blend of
butter & extra virgin olive oil and a bulb of roasted garlic)

I finally had Little Star pizza this weekend. Since Little Star pizza tops a lot of people's list of best pizza and one of my personal missions is to discover the best SF pizza places, I was really excited to try it out. I've tried their ordered slices before but that's not the same as eating a slice minutes after it comes out of the oven.

For appetizer we tried to Garlic Bread which really should be called Garlic crumb because you eat more garlic than bread. It's really good though. I want to try to make it myself, for obviously dinner for one nights. We ordered the house main dish - Little Star Deep Dish Pizza and it was good. Personally, I like thin crust pizza so deep dish is not my favorite but I wanted to eat their special so it was a deep dish night. I found that I really liked the crust but the veggies in the pizza could have been cooked more. Overall it was good. Not as good as Zachary's deep dish pizza in Berkeley but one of the best deep dish pizzas I've had so far in SF.

No comments: