Tuesday, March 23, 2010

1300 On Fillmore - Good for the Soul

A few Sundays ago I tried the Sunday Gospel brunch at 1300 On Fillmore for my friend Maryam’s birthday. We made reservations for the 11am seating without knowing much about it. All I knew was that the Sunday brunch was called the Gospel brunch. I assumed this meant that there would be some sort of music playing possibly gospel singing. My friend who recommended it also mentioned that they served bottomless Mimosas. I figured that the music couldn’t be that bad with bottomless Mimosas. What I didn’t know is that we would get a chance to sing too! Had I known, I would have religiously attended every Sunday. I shamelessly love Karaoke. Really, I do. Here is the video from the brunch.


The Southern food was really delicious as well. I tried grits for the first time and wished I never had because it is so tasty. I could have gone on to live a much healthier life if I didn't know how tasty they are but the menu doesn't offer any real healthy options. If you are on a diet this is not the place for you.

If you want to learn more about the Gospel Brunch you can check out this SF gate article by a journalist who was there at the same time as us. She interviewed all of us about our experience there and we all raved about it but apparently you had to be Muslim or Jewish to get quoted in this"obligatory Easter story."


Overall, I (one of the three of the Muslim's girlfriends) recommend a Gospel Brunch for everyone and anyone who wants some good Southern food and music regardless of your faith.




No comments: