Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Healthy + Delicious = The Plant Organic Cafe


A couple weeks ago, I had a friend in town who has to eat very healthy due to health issues. We decided to try the The Plant Organic Cafe, on Embarcadero. I've run by the restaurant during afternoon runs but I've never heard much about it or even seen a lot of people going in out of the place. So, I assumed that it must not be very good. Since the location is right next to the water and the name alluded that it is a healthy place, I decided to try it. I was pleasantly surprised. The cafe at Embarcadero is really cute. It has very earthy feel to it with these live plant art hangings (I think the plants were live!). The food was also good. Sometimes healthy and delicious doesn't easily transfer to delicious but in this case it did and there was a ton of good options. Usually when we go out to eat my friend can't find a lot of gluten free options, but the menu had a ton of gluten free and vegan options! I will definitely go back when I want something healthy.

No comments: