Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Something New In SOMA - Marlowe


I am so excited we got a new neighborhood bistro * Marlowe * in SOMA. Well, it may not be new, new but it’s new to me. I think it opened up in the last six months. It’s a small laid back place that can be easily overlooked from the outside. It’s housed in a brick building across from the Caltrain station. From the outside it may not look too appetizing to come in but the inside is very cozy. For a small venue the wine selection is good. They offer 10 reds and 10 whites. I just went for a glass of wine and was easily tempted to try the baked oysters New England chowder in a shell. As soon as I tried it, I wished I had ordered more than one. The food menu had a lot of things I would love to try on my next visit like the Crispy Brussels sprout chips. Marlowe has a lot to offer the neighborhood despite its random location.

No comments: