Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I'm traveling with celebrities


Today is a holiday in this region called Pongal. Since we had the day off, we decided to do some site seeing. We went to Golconda fort in Hyderabad. There were a lot of Indian tourists from all over. When we finally went up the 300+ stairs to the fort, a lot of people were taking pictures. A group of young Indian boys came up to Jon and asked him for a photo. At first we thought that they wanted him to take a picture of them because Jon has an amazing camera with him (that we are all jealous of). But, they actually wanted to take a picture with him. This became a trend throught out the fort. Jon and Jen got requests from so many people to be in photos with their kids that I became jealous of their celebrity status. Later on when we went to the local bazaar, I also had a few kids asking me where I am from and shaking my hand.

No comments: