Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday morning wake-up call!



I woke up this morning at 5am to the sounds of prayer blaring from the local mosque. Although it's early, I am not too tired and the prayer sounds ease me into the morning. I get up and start looking at all the views from the different balconies. This picture is the view from my room's balcony. It over looks a green area and then the city. The other picture is the view from another balcony. Next door to our very nice apartments there is a lot that is under construction. I learned that often when a lot is under construction the people who are working on it may live there with their families. The land owners may encourage this in order to have them protect the land from loiters.

As I started my day with making coffee, I watched the people living on the lot next door make a fire to start their breakfast. I've noticed that the neighborhoods in Hyderabad are more diverse. There may be a very nice expensive house next to a an abandoned building that people are living to. So far from what I can tell the neighborhoods are not as defined as San Francisco

No comments: